We are always looking for creative professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our current openings are listed below. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter, résumé, and work samples (10mb or less) to email@example.com.
The Brooklyn Studio is seeking a talented Junior Interior Designer to join our team part-time or full-time.
- Produce drawings in computer-aided design software.
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations.
- Assist in sourcing and selecting furniture new/vintage/antique/custom, lighting, and finishes.
- Prepare FF&E specifications as well as lighting, hardware, paint, and material schedules.
- Communicate and coordinate with vendors and various trades throughout the project to ensure a seamless execution of all deliverables.
- Assist in project administration: vendor quotes, client proposals, sample requests, POs, CFAs, reserves, department organization.
- Support procurement department.
- Assist with receiving and management of project inventory.
- Assist with installations.
- Candidates should have one to five years of relevant work experience in interior design, knowledge of high-end contemporary and vintage design, and be capable of delegating tasks & working efficiently under deadlines in a fast-paced, busy, and creative atmosphere.
- Holds a degree in Interior Design or a related field. Candidate could be a student pursuing a degree in Interior Design (in their final year).
- Ideal candidate has a strong eye, creative panache, and a feel for color, texture, lighting, space, and ambience.
- Confident demeanor, good sense of personal style.
- Detailed-oriented with strong project management skills and comfortable working within all phases of design process.
- Ability to develop furniture plans.
- Polished communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas; keen listening skills and the ability to accept and incorporate client feedback.
- This position may require the ability to lift up to 25lbs, the use of ladders, the use of hand tools and equipment - including but not limited to box cutters, hammers, levels, drills/screwdrivers.
- Knowledge of Vectorworks/CAD preferred but not required. Rhino, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, VRay experience also a plus.
- This position will require the ability to lift 25lbs, the use of ladders, the use of hand tools and equipment — including but not limited to box cutters, hammers, levels, drills/screwdrivers.
This position is in-person, with some flexibility for remote work. The Brooklyn Studio offers a comprehensive benefits package including subsidized health insurance, matched retirement program, commuter benefits, and paid time off. Annual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, in the range of $50,000-$60,000 for this position full-time, and pro-rated for part-time.
To be considered for this role, please submit your résumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2023 Junior Interior Designer.”
We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive practice. We believe that the power of diversity enriches our work: it provides us with broad framework to understand and engage with our community, address challenges, and design innovative solutions. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.