We are always looking for creative professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our current openings are listed below. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter, résumé, and work samples (10mb or less) to email@example.com.
The Brooklyn Studio is seeking a talented Project Designer to join our team full-time.
Project Designer is an entry-level position with a broad range of duties depending upon the level of experience. It is a training position for unlicensed architectural school graduates, intent on developing the skills necessary to adequately perform the job of a Project Architect. The basic requirements of the position involve performing various production oriented and project administrative tasks. A Project Designer may be working toward licensure.
A Project Designer will primarily work under the supervision of a Project Manager but may also work directly with a Principal depending on the size of the project. Designers may also work on a variety of project types and for different Project Managers.
- Working under the direction of a Project Architect or Project Manager, execute general production and project administrative tasks. Primarily this will involve the preparation of working documents.
- Attend project team, client, and site meetings as necessary.
- Assist the Project Architect or Project Manager to maintain project files, specifically CAD files.
- Prepare presentation drawings, models as appropriate.
- Preparation of schematic design drawings, models, and renderings, working drawings and specifications.
- Assist with project coordination.
- Take initiative to learn new skills and gain exposure to all aspects of project work.
- Familiarize self with and adhere to The Brooklyn Studio project standards.
- First professional degree — B.Arch or M.Arch (recommended but not required)
- Any work experience a plus, including construction experience.
- General ability to draw and visualize in 3-dimensions.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Vectorworks (CAD), Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Ability to draw by hand, render or make models is a plus.
- Demonstrated desire to continue professional development and learn new skills necessary to project advancement.
- General ability to show good judgment, common sense, readily ask questions, execute work quickly, listen, and take direction.
This position is in-person, with some flexibility for remote work. The Brooklyn Studio offers a comprehensive benefits package including subsidized health insurance, matched retirement program, commuter benefits, and paid time off. Annual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, in the range of $50,000-$65,000.
To be considered for this role, please submit your résumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2023 Project Designer.”
We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive practice. We believe that the power of diversity enriches our work: it provides us with broad framework to understand and engage with our community, address challenges, and design innovative solutions. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.